Purpose and Position Summary:
The Director of Projects will lead the growth and development of the firm’s Projects Unit, directing and coordinating project execution globally in order to meet and exceed client expectations, profitability targets, and quality standards. The Director will build, mentor and guide a strong and capable team of Project Managers and consultants, both core and external. Key to success will be meeting the demands of business flow with the right talent, skilled in delivering project services at the level required to produce the highest quality output.
This role is 100% remote.
Overview of Core Areas of Accountability:
Project Unit Leadership
- Oversees and manages the portfolio of active projects, regular tracking and reporting of overall results, progress and risks
- Works with individual project leaders and consultants to shepherd each project to completion
- Acts as a content resource to consultants in the planning stages and throughout the life of the project
- Supports capacity building of projects team through mentoring, training, tools and customized development plans
Project Initiation and Set up
- Collaborates with the business development unit on project bids
- Organizes the project within budget and timelines that meet client expectations and availability of team resources.
- Determines the resource allocation of core and external talent required for successful project delivery.
Project Administration, Management and Delivery
- Portfolio oversight, in close coordination with Project Managers and Project Executive Oversights (EOs)
- Manages the quality assurance sign-off process and when required, asks qualified external technical resources for a quality review.
- Ensures profitability of projects by managing to budget.
- Identifies new and better ways to manage and complete projects (such as new applications, process flows).
- Produces content such as articles, blogs, and webinars
- Ensures product and services are keeping up with the market
- Attends and speaks at conferences and seminars to support awareness of the IFCL profile.
Business Development and Client Relationships
- Conducts regular and consistent review of business development opportunities
- Leads and/or supports development of proposals
- Develops and expands existing network of clients and consultants for business generation
The ideal candidate will be a senior hands-on consultant and project manager who brings entrepreneurial drive, significant industry background, an established network, and ideally global experience, with the following background and experience:
- 12+ years of relevant industry experience in consulting, international development, or project management
- Demonstrated success growing and leading expert teams on projects of international scope and impact
- High level of technical consulting skill and ability to model the standard of project work expected by all Project Managers
- Knowledge and understanding of one or more thematic areas such as climate finance, development finance, trade/export finance or ESG is an asset
- Proven ability to develop quality, client-ready deliverables – capable of ensuring that the entire output reaches IFCL high quality standards
- Successfully recruited, developed and led project professionals with primary accountability for team performance and outcomes
- Strong people skills and ability to manage multiple relationships and build trust and capacity around them
- Advanced organizational and management skills required to coordinate and direct the talent, process, and expertise needed for any project, regardless of the scope and complexity