Purpose and Position Summary:
The Project Manager supports the activities of the company in areas of project implementation, business development and digital marketing/communication activities. A substantial component of the role will be to enhance the organization’s digital work including expansion of our online knowledge platform, the Centre of Excellence for National Development Banks (www.CENDB.org), and our social media/online presence. The role will provide opportunities for acquiring and enhancing digital and project management skills, as well as soft skills such as communication, teamwork, leadership and flexibility/adaptability.
The Project Manager is a motivated and curious self-starter, continuously cultivating an ability to identify, communicate and develop practical and innovative solutions through research of best practices that can be adapted to our and our clients’ needs. They are committed to working in a team environment and providing support as needed to ensure client expectations are met and exceeded.
Core Areas of Accountability:
Project Management and delivery
- Support expansion and implementation of IFCL’s new digital knowledge and training platform, the Centre of Excellence for National Development Banks (CENDB). Duties include project coordination with core project team, partnership development and outreach, development of content and marketing materials and research, among other activities
- Support development and application of IFCL’s online tool, the Health Diagnostic Tool (HDT), aimed at supporting national development banks (NDBs) globally to assess their current needs and capacity gaps
- Conducts research and analysis for project outputs as well as prepares reports and/or presentations
- Organizes inputs from consultants on project teams to provide support in structuring report and/or presentation preparation and formatting in IFCL standard quality
- Provides coordination and logistics support as needed at direction of Project Director
- Organization of projects within timelines that meet internal and client expectation
- Documents project progress by using project management software to establish, track and monitor project deliverables and timeframes.
- Organizing and motivating project teams, managing consultant relationships and providing onboarding and support as needed, directing project teams through the project lifecycle
- Keeps knowledge and information flowing seamlessly throughout relevant stakeholders (IFCL internal Projects unit, projects team, consultants, clients, etc.)
- Support enhancement of our social media strategy and activities on key platforms
- Produces online content such as articles, blogs, and webinars to enhance the profile of IFCL with clients, prospective clients and business partners.
- Develops graphics and support of online content and for project outputs
- Conducts regular and consistent review of business development tenders and recommend opportunities that represent good corporate fit
- Leads and/or supports development of expressions of interest (EOIs) and proposals
- Supports broader business development opportunities, such as identification of conferences and development of presentation materials
The ideal candidate will bring the following background and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2-5 years of relevant work experience. Graduate level degree preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience in managing projects funded by public or international development agencies and clients, and/or relevant private sector experience
- Experience in project management techniques, including monitoring, reporting, budgeting, staff management and stakeholder management as well as knowledge management.
- Experience and understanding of digital marketing, social media and graphics design an asset but not required
- Ability to support development of quality, client-ready deliverables that reaches IFCL high quality standards
- Organizational and management skills required to coordinate and implement projects
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and maintain quality, detail and organization across multiple assignments
- Ability to work and coordinate effectively with a remote team, building strong cross-functional relationships across the organization
Only candidates who meet the qualifications under the Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada’s Digital Skills for Youth (DS4Y) Program are encouraged to apply. The DS4Y eligibility criteria can be found at https://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/122.nsf/eng/00004.html#sec_04
We’d love to hear from you. Your application should include your resume, and a letter of introduction highlighting your experience. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org stating in the subject line: Project Manager Opportunity.
International Financial Consulting Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diverse applicants.