Purpose and Position Summary:
The Team and Admin Coordinator is the key coordination resource for the Corporate Development and Operations Director and as an integral member of the IFCL team and business. They deliver a core internal support function to enhance the effectiveness and productivity of all IFCL team members. The person is the lead for the company’s administrative services, coordinating and supporting operations, human resource, finance, project implementation, and team activities, working collaboratively to enhance relationships with all IFCL staff, external consultants and clients.
Core Areas of Accountability and Responsibility:
- Tracks invoices to clients/from suppliers and monitors A/P and A/R entered into QBO
- Assists in downloading information from QBO to prepare financial information for corporate budgeting and reporting purposes including monthly cash flow reports, quarterly and annual budgets and reporting, expense reports, etc.
- Supports bookkeeper in maintaining financial records and files
- Manages relationships with key suppliers and vendors
- Provides support to develop and streamline processes and procedures for improving operational efficiencies
- Assists in the development of corporate operations manual outlining key systems, processes, policies and other relevant corporate activities
- Administers payroll activities and processing as well as tracking staff annual leave, benefits, etc.
- Assists in development and implementation of new HR policies and maintaining internal HR systems
- Supports recruitment efforts, including drafting job postings, advertising open positions, initial screening of resumes, coordinating interviews, and conducting reference and background checks.
- Takes the lead on new staff orientation and administrative onboarding including set up of corporate email, Dropbox, business cards, timesheet/invoice processes, etc.
- Conducts periodic scan of industry standards and best practices in HR management and develop proactive recommendations for integration of appropriate practices.
- Ensures accuracy and confidentiality of data stored in staff files
- Arranges travel arrangements, hotels, venues and other related logistics for staff, external consultants and other corporate travel as needed
- Manages client and consultant invoicing process, providing support to project managers and team members to develop and follow up on invoices
- Assists team in updating monthly cash flow and project tracker, support for project mid-term and closeout budget reporting
- Supports consultants and project team with administration related to their timesheets, invoices, expense reports and supporting receipts
- Upon request, assists project team in preparing reports and graphical presentations as well as coordination of external calls and meetings
Coordination and Administration:
- Supports management in communicating and coordination activities with IFCL staff, including updates on Teams, coordination of meetings, etc.
- Regularly updates the corporate calendar and communicates directly to team members any changes that may impact them
- Manages the IFCL shared meeting calendar; communicates meeting dates to all attendees and confirms their availability;
- IT management including providing support and solutions to the team on IFCL’s business software platforms (Microsoft 365, Dropbox, Active Collab, Zoom, Otter, Visual Ping etc.)
Key Relationships and Interactions:
- Reports to the Corporate Development and Operations Director
- Key collaborators: CEO, Projects Director, other IFCL team members
- Key external interactions: vendors, external service providers, external consultants and clients
Key Qualifications and Skills:
- Post graduate diploma or a bachelor’s degree in business, administration or a related field
- 3 or more years’ of relevant experience in operations, human resources or administration.
- Proficient in a variety of computer software applications including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint). Working knowledge of QBO is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, prior experience working in an international or culturally diverse environment an asset
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision
- High degree of attention to detail to submit work or send communications without error is required
- Ability to handle sensitive information
- Positive Team Feedback– Interactions internally and externally are considered responsive and professional; goes the “extra mile” to attend to inquiries and support tasks for the Corporate Development and Operations Director and IFCL team members. Calendaring and meeting management are conducted in a way that simplifies communications.
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail – Completes all scheduling and data input and administrative tasks without errors and files documents in the correct location. Ensures accuracy of information relayed in calls, messages or emails. Upholds all IFCL document brand standards in preparation of all correspondence and communications.
- Workload Management – Organizes the volume of work for timely and efficient completion that allows some capacity to take on major changes or special projects. Makes the effort to learn the business and increase effectiveness by thinking independently about where to find answers to the most routine requests without having to inquire internally for support.